From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-07-09 22:00:36

For many years, I've been using the xslt based system for converting
boostbook xml into html an pdf files. Once I got it set up, I've never
had a problem.

But now, it is failing with some error messages provoked by the contents
of some xml files which are part of boost book. A casual review of the
correspondng github repository shows the that the some of these files
have been "maintained" recently ... some as recently as 3 days ago.
Could someone (probably the maintainer) look into this.

I noticed that when I try to appy this to the safe numerics library. The
following should reproduce the problem:

cd
/Users/robertramey/WorkingProjects/modular-boost/libs/safe_numerics/doc/boostbook

$ls *.sh
makeepub.sh makehtml.sh makepdf.sh makeproposal.sh

$echo $PATH
/Volumes/public/fop-2.1:.:/Volumes/public/menu_bash:/usr/local/bin:/System/Cryptexes/App/usr/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/var/run/com.apple.security.cryptexd/codex.system/bootstrap/usr/local/bin:/var/run/com.apple.security.cryptexd/codex.system/bootstrap/usr/bin:/var/run/com.apple.security.cryptexd/codex.system/bootstrap/usr/appleinternal/bin:/Library/Apple/usr/bin

$./makepdf.sh
[Fatal Error] docbook.xsl:6:3: The element type "hr" must be terminated
by the matching end-tag "</hr>".
http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/fo/docbook.xsl; Line
#6; Column #3; org.xml.sax.SAXParseException; systemId:
http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/fo/docbook.xsl;
lineNumber: 6; columnNumber: 3; The element type "hr" must be terminated
by the matching end-tag "</hr>".
Jul 09, 2024 2:58:38 PM org.apache.fop.cli.Main startFOP
SEVERE: Exception

Thanks to whoever looks into this.

Robert Ramey