From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-07-28 21:01:50

The simplest way to resolve this is to just review each library and deal
with results independently.

I suspect that both libraries will be acceptable to Boost. So my
question is: What happens if both libraries get accepted?

Do we add both libraries? - again the simplest resolution.

This satisfies the authors and reviewers and would be suggested by my
understanding of the Boost "Rules". But is it the best for Boost and
Boost users? Wouldn't this be a source of confusion amongst the later.
Boost has claimed to provide the best implementations of commonly used
C++ library components. How could we continue to claim this if we have
more than one library making this claim about some problem domain.

I'm also disturbed that it seems that I'm only person concerned about
this. Am I out of touch here - if so how. We have elements such as the
Review Wizard(s) and Steering Committee (still?), Boost Foundation(?),
informal group of boost senior or privileged developers to address these
"edge cases". Is no one willing to speak up here?

Robert Ramey