From: Felipe Magno de Almeida (felipe.m.almeida_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-07-29 00:57:36

Hello all,

On 2024年7月28日(日) 19:17 Klemens Morgenstern via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]>:
> However, upon discussions with high reputable sources (basically Peter
> Dimov), the criteria for "what belongs in Boost" is that "a library is
> useful."

I remember a discussion very similar about this about 15 years ago and
IIRC, I was under the impression that usability would be the most
important factor and so two competing libraries should be possible.
However, that didn't seem to be the case at the time, with very
respectable people from Boost not agreeing with me. It was a
hypothetical case at the time, though. I'm still under the impression
that multiple competing libraries should be acceptable if they scratch
a different itch for different people.

Kind regards,

--
Felipe Magno de Almeida