From: René Ferdinand Rivera Morell (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-08-13 15:14:11

On Tue, Aug 13, 2024 at 3:43 AM Andrey Semashev via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On 8/13/24 11:10, Ion Gaztañaga via Boost wrote:
> > El 13/08/2024 a las 2:15, David Sankel via Boost escribió:
> >> 6.
> >>
> >> The greater C++ community should be aware and invited to
> >> participate in
> >> the discussion. Social media and C++ podcasts should be utilized.
> >
> > This could create a polarized, divisive environment that would not help
> > be helpful. IMHO this should be discussed inside the Boost community,
> > between people that actually participate in the Boost libraries project.
>
> I agree, the decision should be primarily after the Boost community,
> i.e. the people who will actually be affected by the decision. IMO, the
> wider C++ community should be made aware of the proceedings to avoid
> confusion regarding the Boost project, but comments from outside the
> project should be taken with a fair grain of salt, if at all. But, of
> course, weighting of opinions is the review manager's prerogative.
>
> Re. who constitutes the Boost community, it should obviously include
> library authors and maintainers, as well as people who regularly
> contribute to library and infrastructure maintenance. People affiliated
> with either party whose proposal is being reviewed should clearly state
> their affiliation in their reviews.

Indeed. An arrangement where the individuals that do not actively
volunteer involved in the process that governs the active volunteers
reduces the self agency of the volunteers. And eventually leads to
demoralized volunteers which drives those volunteers away. It would
escalate the current, and historical, issue of lack of volunteer self
determination outside of just the library realm.

--
-- René Ferdinand Rivera Morell
-- Don't Assume Anything  -- No Supone Nada