From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-08-13 17:16:27

On Fri, Aug 9, 2024 at 10:38 AM Niall Douglas via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Would Kristen or Sankel like to prepare their side of things from the Boost Foundation?

As we proceed with the review process to determine whether the
Alliance should assume governance of the Boost project, I'd like to
highlight some things.

Since unpublished proposals inherit the context of the Foundation's
questionable track record, it could be premature to entertain said
proposals at this time. The Foundation has not presented any new ideas
or plans since they voted (with just four board members) on June 12 to
"cut ties with the Alliance." The two-month period that followed has
resulted in unclear intentions and nothing concrete for addressing
Boost's needs. Far from cutting ties, it is the Alliance that pays for
Boost's download hosting.

Instead, we might focus solely on whether the Alliance is a suitable
replacement for the Foundation. If our review outcome indicates
otherwise, future proposals can be decided in new reviews. This
process is not about soliciting bids from multiple organizations, but
rather preserving the ability to continue delivering proven results
with existing leadership. Let's avoid perpetuating a narrative that
could discourage others from future investments in big, risky Boost
improvements by sending the wrong message about governance.

Thanks