From: Christian Mazakas (christian.mazakas_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-08-14 14:48:49

On Tue, Aug 13, 2024 at 3:20 AM Thomas Fowlery via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm planning to start working on a new Web3 project and I'm trying to
> decide how I should approach doing concurrency with C++ and Boost.

I think it'd help us help you the most if you talked a little bit about
what your requirements are and what your goals are as well.

There's many different solutions to concurrency in C++. Asio is obviously
I/O focused. It does also contain a simple thread pool implementation.

But there's also other concurrency libs like TBB, which are more
parallel-focused.

In principle, I don't think there's anything inherently incorrect about
using the Asio thread pool as a generic task runner.

- Christian