From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-08-16 08:23:41

On 8/16/24 11:07, Dominique Devienne via Boost wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 14, 2024 at 9:25 PM René Ferdinand Rivera Morell via
> Boost-users <boost-users_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> On Wed, Aug 14, 2024 at 1:21 PM Vinnie Falco via Boost-users
>>> On Wed, Aug 14, 2024 at 10:17 AM Marshall Clow via Boost-users
>>> https://x.com/BoostLibraries/status/1823783597792485433
>>
>> https://mastodon.social/@boostlibs/112961869014911731
>> https://bsky.app/profile/boostlibs.bsky.social/post/3kzp72khfry2x
>> https://cohost.org/boostlibs/post/7295376-boost-1-86-has-arriv
>> https://www.linkedin.com/posts/boostlibs_boostcpp-cpp-cplusplus-activity-7229562301668868096-VKUO
>
> FWIW, the only "social network" I use to be updated about releases,
> beside this ML of course, is GitHub> Watch> Custom> Releases.
>
> I have dozens (if not hundreds) of such watches, and just added
> one for https://github.com/boostorg/boost, for good measure,
> despite getting the ML notices (and why I didn't have one before).
>
> Most such email release notices are not very informative,
> many with no specific information at all, some a short list, and
> some are awesome, like the Bun.sh ones, that systematically
> link to a blog post with a very detailed information.
>
> If wanting to improve Boost communication, then please have
> a good description of what's in the GitHub release, and/or a link
> to a blog post Bun-like with full details. My $0.02. --DD

You can subscribe to Boost Downloads RSS[1] and receive the complete
release notes for every release. Or News RSS[2] and also receive other
news items in addition to releases. Though most of the time there are no
other news and the two feeds are equivalent.

[1]: https://www.boost.org/feed/downloads.rss
[2]: https://www.boost.org/feed/news.rss