From: Matt Borland (matt_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-08-16 12:17:51

> > If wanting to improve Boost communication, then please have
> > a good description of what's in the GitHub release, and/or a link
> > to a blog post Bun-like with full details. My $0.02. --DD
>

> The subscribers to the mailing list are already pretty well informed.
>

> The purpose of social media postings is to raise the visibility of the
> project for people who haven't become Boost users yet, or for those people
> who might have stopped using Boost a while ago and may want to consider
> returning as the project has undergone significant improvements..
>

> Thanks

To Dominique's point right now the release notes listed on Boost-1.86 here: https://github.com/boostorg/boost/releases are "Update asio from master". It would take little additional effort to replace the head commit message with the link to the release notes. The 300 watchers and nearly 7k people with stars who will see that a new release was published on their GitHub feed are not all here on the mailing list.

Matt