From: René Ferdinand Rivera Morell (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-08-18 16:04:45

After some weeks of testing and addressing review comments from
authors I have now marked PRs for supporting modular building and use
of 156 Boost libraries. There are 2 libraries (multiprecision and
utility) that are not ready yet, as they depend on other PRs. After
the testing and review I've also concluded that authors (and owners)
can merge all ready PRs without waiting for the tool specific PRs. It
turned out there were no dependency issues between them. Hence the
process is now:

* The 1.86 release happened!!
* Authors further review and merge the ready PRs.
* I fix any fallout from that.
* I create subsequent PRs for the global B2 Boost build infrastructure
to remove the old non-modular dead code.
* I fix any fallout from that.
* The 1.87 release happens.

Thank you everyone for the help so far. In particular Peter Dimov and
Andrey Semashev for the many early comments across various PRs that
helped me work out the kinks of the draft PRs.

--
-- René Ferdinand Rivera Morell
-- Don't Assume Anything  -- No Supone Nada