From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-08-22 08:23:30

> Because Boost.Compute (boost/compute/detail/sha1.hpp) uses an
> implementation detail of Boost.UUID (boost/uuid/detail/sha1.hpp),
> and because I changed the implementation to fix an endianness
> issue, <boost/compute.hpp> now causes a compile error in 1.86.0,
> as reported in
>
> https://github.com/boostorg/uuid/issues/166
> https://github.com/boostorg/compute/pull/887
> https://github.com/boostorg/compute/pull/888
> https://github.com/boostorg/compute/issues/889
>
> Users are demanding we issue a point release to fix this. It will have
> to include
>
> https://github.com/boostorg/compute/pull/887
>
> and
>
> https://github.com/boostorg/compute/pull/893
>
> What do release managers think?

If we're going to do a point release, it would be nice if it also fixed
broken links to BoostBook documentation on the website:

https://github.com/boostorg/boostbook/issues/29

For this, the latest tools/boostbook needs to be included in the
release, as well as these pull requests merged:

https://github.com/boostorg/boost/pull/938
https://github.com/boostorg/website/pull/872