From: David Sankel (camior_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-09-12 03:25:29

On Wed, Sep 11, 2024 at 2:39 PM Vinnie Falco via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> [The Boost Foundatoin has] vetoed a valid decision from the project.

I assume this is referring to the Boost Foundation not pointing boost.org
to a C++ alliance server.

On April 21st, I announced
<https://lists.boost.org.cpp.al/Archives/boost/2024/04/256602.php> "The
board approved pointing boost.org to C++ Alliance servers running the new
website once it's ready"

With no substantial communication in between, sometime in June (before the
26th), Vinnie Falco sent out an email to many Boost developers stating "Instead
of launching on boost.org, we will launch on https://boost.io", "We will
make public and post content to https://x.com/BoostLibraries", and "We will
subscribe to".

On June 26, Kristen announced
<https://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2024/06/256978.php> "we agree with
Mr. Falco's assessment that
there is no viable path forward for further coordination between The C++
Alliance and The Boost Foundation"

This information leads me to believe the C++ Alliance, not the Boost
Foundation, decided to reject the community consensus. Am I missing
something?

-- David