From: Christian Mazakas (christian.mazakas_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-09-13 20:33:29

On Fri, Sep 13, 2024 at 1:25 PM Andrey Semashev via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> However, I think it is fair to ask a new author to explain why the
> proposed library is useful, and it is the author's task to correct
> possible misconceptions that may become apparent among the community
> during the discussion. I think, the community members should be able to
> express their thoughts on the library, even if those thoughts are not
> positive.

It's unreasonable to act like the author is supposed to spoon-feed you
information about the library you're remarking on if you insist on being
willfully ignorant.

There's a difference between asking about whether or not a library has
justifiable utility and making criticisms based on ignorance.

Some unsolicited advice would be, consider where this attitude is coming
from that you feel the need to approach everything with "I deserve to be
mean".

- Christian