From: Andrzej Krzemienski (akrzemi1_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-09-15 18:46:57

niedz., 15 wrz 2024 o 20:35 Glen Fernandes via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]>
napisał(a):

> Zach Laine wrote:
> > The one time I managed to cajole someone [from WG21] into
> > [submitting a library for] a Boost review,
> > it was rejected because people didn't see the point of it. I'm still
> > not sure why that was.
>
> I'll note that I wrote a review where I could not justify accepting
> it, and all of my points had nothing to do with "didn't see the point
> of it"
> https://lists.boost.org/Archives/boost/2019/06/246514.php

I, on the other hand, felt that there was insufficient motivation offered
to justify the addition of the library.
I face this problem with many reviews. A proposal says, "Here's what I
wrote, do you accept it?" and there is no motivation saying what problem it
is solving, if the problem is worth solving, are there alternative ways of
solving the problem.
In other words, I expect of an author, not only the implementation and
tests and documentation, but also having done research. This is a lot to
expect. I can imagine why people do not want to go through all this.

Regards,
&rzej;