From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-09-17 21:18:02

On 9/17/24 23:29, Robert Ramey via Boost wrote:

> Proposed changes to Boost Library Foundation bylaws. refer to:
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xgtEovxMZThszuaQIMpDpaRdBuH1_BkZ/view
>
> Section 1. Powers and Duties. [...] The Board shall have the power to control and manage policies
> for acceptance of new Boost Software and the usage and maintenance thereof.

I would be strongly opposed to this. The Boost Foundation (or The C++
Alliance) never had and never should have the power to affect acceptance
of new Boost Software, nor its maintenance. Library acceptance can only
happen through the review process.

> As can be seen, the intention here is to place the ultimate authority
> over boost in the hands of Boost Community Members who have actually
> invested personal efforts into the growth and success of boost.  Once
> these changes to bylaws are implemented and a new Board of Directors is
> elected other issues can be addressed.

Boost Community has no power over The Boost Foundation, so the only way
this can be implemented is if The Boost Foundation agrees to these
changes and effectively disbands itself. I doubt this is going to happen.