From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-09-18 18:22:47

On 9/18/24 10:55 AM, René Ferdinand Rivera Morell via Boost wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 18, 2024 at 12:14 PM Robert Ramey via Boost
> <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>
>> Perhaps you might consider adding one more alternative the list you
>> posted above:
>>
>> * Keep the status quo and modify the bylaws to enhance represenation of
>> the Boost Community.
>
> Once upon a time, actually multiple times IIRC, I "complained"about
> the lack of Boost developer representation in the Foundation/BSC. My
> complaints resulted in a fluctuation to increase the representation.
> Unfortunately that had zero perceptible effect on the operation and
> actions of the Foundation/BSC. Hence I would discount such an
> alternative as incomplete as it's functionally equivalent to the
> current state.

I always felt your complaints had at least some merit and that in parts
motivates my proposal. This begs the question: If the current board is
misguided and ineffective, and having more representation on the part of
the benefactors (the Boost Community), that what is to be done?

I still believe that electing board members from the boost community
would be an improvement over the current system.

Robert Ramey