From: Seth (bugs_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-09-24 22:10:28

On Tue, Sep 24, 2024, at 9:09 PM, Artyom Beilis via Boost wrote:
> Anyway there are other issues - as an example I was talking about
> automatic broadcast
> adding of shapes (5,1) and (2,5,10) that would normally boradcast
> automatically to (2,5,10)
> Something I'd expected to see in such a library

Aren't you still defining "such a library" as the library that it just is not?

I didn't see any evidence that arithmetic operations - of any kind - are supplied by the library, other than on iterators/indices. In fact, when scanning the docs, I find:

"Unlike FORTRAN, Multi doesn't provide algebraic operators, using algorithms is encouraged instead.
For example a FORTRAN statement like A = A + B is translated as this in the one-dimensional case: [...]"

Now I may be misunderstanding what you mean by "adding shapes", so maybe you clarify in a way that removes the confusion.