From: Vinnie Falco (vinnie.falco_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-09-28 01:10:47

On Fri, Sep 27, 2024 at 5:29 PM Glen Fernandes via Boost <
boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> There should be no confusion or question over whether it has any
> control or even other influence over the C++ library development.
> Please avoid any mention of "Steering" or "Direction".

Once again, I am reminded of the experts who reliably inform me that
marketing efforts are pointless. Yet here we are subtly accepting that the
presentation of a thing should be crafted to manipulate the reader's mind
:) Hopefully we will not need another formal review to decide on a new
name, so I have taken the liberty to ask the all-knowing AI for advice:

C:\Users\Vinnie>ollama run llama3.1:latest

>>> The terms "Steering Committee" and "Directions Group" carry negative
political connotations, as they suggest a greater level of control over the
project than what is actually possible. Suggest twenty other short names
for a group of people who represent a project in the context of a
non-profit fiscal sponsorship which are equivalent yet do not suggest any
powers beyond those designated.

Here are twenty alternative name suggestions for a group that represents a
project in the context of a non-profit
fiscal sponsorship, without implying undue control:

1. **Project Liaison Team** - emphasizes collaboration and communication
2. **Project Ambassadors** - suggests advocates for the project
3. **Core Project Team** - focuses on key team members
4. **Project Stewards** - implies care and oversight, not control
5. **Advisory Board Members** - positions them as advisors, not
decision-makers
6. **Key Stakeholders Group** - emphasizes importance, but not power
7. **Project Champions** - suggests enthusiasm and support
8. **Steering Group Alternatives:**
   * **Project Guidance Team**
   * **Project Oversight Committee**
   * **Project Coordination Group**
9. **The Project Council** - implies a gathering of ideas and perspectives
10. **Project Representatives** - simple, yet effective
11. **Fiscal Sponsorship Team** - highlights the sponsorship aspect directly
12. **Project Advocacy Group** - emphasizes advocacy over control
13. **Project Facilitators** - suggests helping facilitate project progress
14. **Support Team Members** - positions them as supportive helpers
15. **The Project Core** - implies essential, not controlling elements
16. **Governance and Oversight Committee (minus "Steering")**
17. **Project Guidance Council**
18. **Key Players Group** - emphasizes their role in the project's success
19. **Advisory Team Members** - advisors, not decision-makers
20. **The Project Forum** - a space for discussion and collaboration
21. **Player's Club** - suggestive that its members are high-status

My personal vote is for number 21.

Thank you very much for the work that went into managing the review, and
thank you to everyone who participated :)

Regards