From: Дмитрий Архипов (grisumbras_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-10-07 19:06:44

пн, 7 окт. 2024 г. в 19:25, Robert Ramey via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]>:
> Right. In another post I used the phrase "(almost)" compatible. I
> found it tedious, patronizing and pointless to to continue to repeat
> this. Damn: wrong again.

I wasn't trying to nitpick. Several changes were made to C++ that have
made previously written code not compile or behave differently. We
just recently discussed how changes to std::optional proposed for
C++26 will change the behaviour of Boost.JSON. So, you can't really
write some C++ code in 2003 and be sure that it never breaks in a
later language version.