From: hermann_at_[hidden]
Date: 2024-10-07 22:22:44

On 2024-10-08 00:08, Andrey Semashev via Boost wrote:

> If anything, declaring core libraries deprecated would force downstream
> users to seek for alternatives and update their code.

I work as Compiler Level3 support for DataPower Gateways
IBM product since 17.5 years now.

If an IBM product feature gets deprecated (publicly), it
might get removed in major release after next major release.

That happens, but I know of a feature I deprecated in 2008
which still exists in current firmware.

After EOS (End Of Service) no new updates and fixes are
supplied to a release. Since DataPower is a security
product any use of a firmware after EOS is not advisable.

I don't see why an old C++ library that has no security
impact and "just works" cannot live on after being marked
deprecated.

Regards,

Hermann.