From: Dominique Devienne (ddevienne_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-10-25 13:03:53

On Fri, Oct 25, 2024 at 2:43 PM Julien Blanc via Boost
<boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> 2 octobre 2024 à 18:51 "Christian Mazakas via Boost" <boost_at_[hidden] mailto:boost_at_[hidden]?to=%22Christian%20Mazakas%20via%20Boost%22%20%3Cboost%40lists.boost.org%3E > a écrit:
> > I think there's a lot of utility in MQTT, but what I'd like to see in the
> > future for libraries like these is a first-class interface _without_ I/O.
>
> I'm surprised that this remark did not raise more reaction. I'd like to put a
> very big +1 on what Christian said.

FWIW, that's also what went through my mind reading Christian.
And I was surprised when Vinnie didn't jump on this,
since he's adverstised his own libraries going in that direction as well.

And even though I have no skin in this game,
since I'm only on ASIO-supported OSes, and not in the MQTT target market,
I think Christian makes a very good point.

Designing for testability is always something I strive for, in my own libs. --DD