From: Dominique Devienne (ddevienne_at_[hidden])
Date: 2024-10-25 14:38:33

On Fri, Oct 25, 2024 at 4:04 PM Vinnie Falco <vinnie.falco_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 25, 2024 at 6:04 AM Dominique Devienne via Boost <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> ...I was surprised when Vinnie didn't jump on this,
>
> the heavy lifting is by far in the I/O code with its retries and strategies for implementing the QoS

One could argue the QoS part is also I/O independent, albeit sitting
"on top" of the I/O,
unlike the protocol handling. And the ability to mock the IO, would
allow testing and fuzzing
the QoS in a way that would be more difficult when it mixes with the
I/O, unless when using
sophisticated simulation frameworks for I/O, requiring possibly
specialized kernels or hardware.