From: Ken Hagan [mailto:k.hagan@thermoteknix.co.uk]
> Remember, we already have OS-specific solutions for manipulating
> paths. I wouldn't personally be interested in another one.

Do we? I don't know of any platform that supplies C++ friendly pathname manipulation. And, while I'm sure there are others, the only object oriented one that I've seen is the Java File class. It also appears that many of us have written pathname manipulation classes which implies a general need. For myself, while it certainly depends on the kind of projects you work on, I've gotten more reuse out of my pathname class then anything else I've written.