"Eric Friedman" wrote:
[snip]

> * Generic visitation by any functionable object.
>
>   This is *very* powerful; nearly all of variant's internal features
>   are implemented in terms of generic (templated) visitation.

(1) A short comment regarding proper credits: The technique of using the type index for selecting the correct 'variant-to-visitor bridge' function
was first introduced in my post: http://lists.boost.org/MailArchives/boost/msg30415.php. At the same discussion, Doug Gregor made the suggestion, that operator() will be used as the visitor's 'visit_me()' function.  The initial inspiration came from the vtable idiom described at Andrei
Alexandrescu's paper: "An implementation of discriminated unions in C++".

(2) I'd like to repeat my view: given the fact that the two varaint implementations are getting more and more identical, the two implementations should be integrated into single library. I still believe that the most effective approach, would be for us to co-develop this (unified) variant library.

-Itay

Do You Yahoo!?