> From: larsbj@lyx.org [mailto:larsbj@lyx.org]
>
> This is one of the patches I mentioned in a thread ealier that does
> not fit with one single library, but rather to _all_ libraries that
> use assert on pointers.

So, when a topic concerns existing and future libraries, a good idea is to make that clear both in the topic and in the body text. That way, the issue can be discussed on the list. Applying a Boost-wide patch is not taken lightly, nor should it be. Good suggestions tend to be treated favorably here, though.

> IMHO this also shows the problem with "my lib
> and his lib", and cross lib maintenance.
>
> You really need some Janitor-Wizard.

That would be me, although the title is probably in the eye of the beholder :-). However, applying patches or otherwise meddling with libraries that are already maintained is not only rude, it's also a great maintenance risk, and exactly the opposite of how we do things at Boost. Good or bad? Well, the track record so far seems to indicate the former.

Bjorn Karlsson