From: Edward Diener [mailto:eddielee@tropicsoft.com]
> OK, I am missing something in these docs which I expected to see and it is
> not there for me. Evidently it is for everybody else and they consider it to
> be adequate. I will say that no matter how poor the documentation seems to
> me, it is probably on another level which I don't understand and which
> others can easily figure out without any more specific explanation. I
> apologize to all concerned and will simply bypass such implementations in
> the future when the language of it is beyond my understanding. I thought
> that by criticizing there would be others who might agree that the
> documentation is not adequate for an intelligent C++ programmer to grasp,
> and there would be an effort by either Mr. Siek, or someone else who
> understands property map, to improve it and make it more understandable. I
> was wrong and will leave it at that and wish everyone good luck in their
> programming and documentation endeavors.

If you're asking for the documentation to include more descriptions of the concepts that it builds upon, beyond links to other documents, you may well be asking for too much. Especially if you want an introduction to a subject area where much has already been written.

OTOH, if there are things that seem out of place, or sections of the docs that leave you particularly confused, point them out -- preferrably suggesting alternative verbage where you can. Lets all take a deep breath and try to keep it as constructive as we can.

Glen