It was a long thread about this issue ... Look in archive for the
subject "Thread Lib and DLL" arround the date: 3/30/2003
----- Original Message -----
From: Martin Bosticky
To: boost
Sent: Sunday, June 29, 2003 2:29 AM
Subject: [boost] DLL hell

Hello everybody,

I just got the boost_1.30.0 version. Some libraries (like thread) require use of a DLL. However I would like to avoid the DLL hell. >From looking at the output of the thread build it looks like a statically linkable library is not available.

Is there some reason why I would not be able to create a static library for the thread library in VC7.1? Has anybody done this already? I feel this is very important because maintenance of multiple dll versions on client machines can be a really nasty problem.

Regards, Martin.