Boost logo

Glas :

Re: [glas] introducing the storage concept, a first interface specification

From: Toon Knapen (toon.knapen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-01-25 08:24:14

Patrick Kowalzick wrote:

> Furthermore a concept does not describe the efficiency of the container
> implementation. Take a look at the different kinds of sparse matrix
> where the performance is dependant of the matrix structure.

To clarify on the terminology: when talking about sparse matrices in
coordinate format or compress-sparse-row format etc I would suggest to
refer to sparse matrices with a different _format_ (just like in
/packed/ format).

Using this terminology, a sparse matrix can be either in coordinate
format, CSC format etc.

The storage here only indicates _where_ you store information and does
not specify the format of _how_ your information is stored.

Maybe one of the goals of this Glas project is also to establish a
common terminology as to facilitate further discussion.

toon