Boost logo

Glas :

[glas] MTL3 design ? [was MTL project site is up]

From: Toon Knapen (toon.knapen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-01 12:34:11

David Abrahams wrote:

>> And finally (and a bit related to the above), the operator=
>> for vectors does not require both vectors to have the
>> same size.

> I haven't written an operator= yet. If you're basing your remarks on
> what's in Jeremy's paper, you should know that I don't plan to do
> everything the same way as he did; not by a long stretch.

Yes my remarks were based on Jeremy's paper.
When I posted my small initial prototype, you asked why I did not reuse
concepts as defined in Jeremy's paper. So I went through the paper and
assumed that this paper was the basis of the MTL3 design.

Next you mentioned that cooperation between glas and MTL3 would be
possible (and I think this would be very interesting). Therefore I
tought to start the discussion starting from this paper.

But since this paper is apparantly not consistent with the MTL3 design,
could you elaborate on the design of MTL3?

toon