Boost logo

Glas :

Re: [glas] MTL3 design ? [was MTL project site is up]

From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-02-03 10:59:41

Theodore Papadopoulo <Theodore.Papadopoulo_at_[hidden]> writes:

> Not necessarily... Default construction just creates empty objects (0
> dimensional) that need to be resized at some point. My point is not to
> forbid resizing (even though it is seldom needed in practice), but not
> to change the sizes implicitly (eg by assignment or copy or
> transposition-in-place).

All my experience tells me that if you are going to allow some
resizing and forbid others, assignment is exactly the place it should
be allowed. I don't see how copying could possibly change the size of
anything, and I don't see any compelling reason to forbid in-place
transposition of vectors and non-square matrices.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting