Boost logo

Glas :

[glas] Re: [boost] Re: Fixed Size Matrix

From: Toon Knapen (toon.knapen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-03-11 05:16:34

Andreas Pokorny wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 10, 2005 at 09:12:37AM -0500, David Abrahams <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>>The MTL project will certainly include a fixed-size matrix.
>>http://www.boost-consulting.com/projects/mtl
>

> I am interested in contributing to the expression template system, while
> working on my master thesis work. The topic is related to fast but accurate
> dot/scalar products in linear algebra expressions. I already posted some first
> ideas to the glas list, but I am not sure if the list is still working.

Oh yeah, it certainly is still active and soon will become much more
active. The last few weeks were slow I admit but the intention was also
to collect a bit of feedback on the 'goals' of the glas project. I will
make an overview of this discussion RSN so that it is stated clearly
what we actually want to accomplish with GLAS.

OTOH we also need to bootstrap the design-implementation process. As
suggested by Andrew and Harold, the best way to do this is to start with
defining the basic concepts. Dave suggested to start from the concepts
that are already defined in MTL3 and provided the MTL3-design-document
of Jeremy. But I understood that there has been many changes already in
respect to Jeremy's paper so would like to ask Dave if he has a
documented update available?

toon