Boost logo

Glas :

[glas] pure algebraic concepts cfr additive

From: Toon Knapen (toon.knapen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-05-26 15:22:37

I'm currently wondering if it's a good idea to consider AdditiveMagma to
be a refinement of the Magma concept. This might sound strange but let
me explain.

For the pure algebraic concepts, we always talk about a set S and some
operation-type which is conform to a BinaryFunctor.
In the case of an AdditiveMagma, we don't need a seperate BinaryFunctor
but instead we have an 'operator+(const T&)'. The operator+ is defined
on the elements of the set.

Additionally, it is also possible to take a model of an AdditiveMagma
and an operator that together are a model of a Magma. It might sound
weird but I think this is kind of powerfull.

toon