Boost logo

Glas :

Re: [glas] using (boost)range or STL style interface [was: dense and sparse vectors]

From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-10 12:39:14

Toon Knapen <toon.knapen_at_[hidden]> writes:

> David Abrahams wrote:
>
>>>First following question that probably will resolve all the confusion:
>>>what do you mean with 'C++03 Iterators' ?
>>

>> I mean the iterators as defined in the C++98 standard, amended with
>> TC1.
>
> But actually my initial question in
> http://lists.boost.org/mailman/private.cgi/glas/2005/08/0189.php was how
> the N1531 proposal compares with cursors-and-property-maps.

A. I replied with:

        Everything below the bullet list at
        http://tinyurl.com/7hcka#problems-with-c-03-iterators
        describes a problem solved by cursors and property maps that's
        not solved by N1531.

   Does that fail to answer your question? If so, why?

B. I can't get into that archive because I don't have a password for
   it.

C. Why are the GLAS archives private? I thought I made it very clear
   when this project started that it had to be public and open to all
   or it could not be hosted under the Boost moniker and domain name.
   Furthermore, privacy is useless because GMane's archive exposes
   everything.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting