Boost logo

Glas :

Re: [glas] value type

From: Robert P. Goddard (Robert_Goddard_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-03 14:20:59

Glas list,

boost::quaternion) for glas support as a value type. My interest is
practical: Quaternions figure in differential equations describing the
dynamics of rigid body rotations. Mathematically, they act like a bigger
"complex" except that multiplication isn't commutative.

Octonians (e.g. boost::octonian) belong to the same mathematical family
("division algebras"), so perhaps should be candidates. However, I don't
know of a practical application for them, so their priority is much
lower. Like maybe zero. Does anyone else know a scientific or
engineering application for octonians?

Robert Goddard