Boost logo

Glas :

Re: [glas] (no subject)

From: Laurent Plagne (plagne.laurent_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-10-14 02:14:49

Hi all,

********
I dont know if "nested matrices" is a clever way or not but this is the
way we designed our LA library applied to deterministic transport codes.

http://parasol.tamu.edu/asci/labfest-may05/lp-Generic_Programming_Experiments.pdf

Anyway, our point is that we have to deal with complex matrix
structures. Symbolically, we have deal with objects like

DenseMatrix< DiagonalMatrix< UpperTriangularMatrix < double > > > >

In this respect the block view seemed a bit restrictive.

********
A summer school is being organized by EDF/CEA/INRIA next summer in
France. In addition to main lectures, we are looking for presentations
on related topics.
I think that it would be very interesting to have a presentation of GLAS
as well as related libraries (uBLAS,MTL,...).
Any volunteer or suggested speakers ? (for financial consideration, a
European speaker would more easy to manage...).

Laurent Plagne
EDF R&D