Boost logo

Glas :

Re: [glas] back to business

From: Karl Meerbergen (karl.meerbergen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-11-22 05:13:50

I have had a look at the current GLAS doc and codes. Some cleaning is
wise and I would like to start with a fresh tree.

The concepts are going to be much slimmer than the current version. It
is my intension to hide concepts needed for the implementation details
as much as possible, and to move them to the backends. So, no iterators,
cursors etc as a member of VectorExpression or DenseVectorExpression.

The only exception is ContinuousDenseVectorExpression, where pointer
access is added which is needed for the blas backend. This is going to
be an example to illustrate how the code can be extended to vector
concepts with a specific data access, e.g. vectors stored on disk.

I think a first vector kernel can be ready pretty soon to allow some
basic blas1-type operations. Then, we see what needs to be added to
match and validate Peters vector space concept.

The idea is then to gradually enrich the concepts when more requirements
are added to GLAS.

Karl