Boost logo

Glas :

[glas] Call for developers

From: Karl Meerbergen (Karl.Meerbergen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-05-24 04:20:04

Hi,

At this time, I am the only active developer in the GLAS project and I
am feeling lonesome. Therefore, I am calling for developers who want to
work on concepts and implementation of containers, algorithms etc. as
well as the regression and performance tests, and portability.

In February, Marc Van Barel and I applied for a grant to the FWO
(Research Foundation - Flanders), without success. We are trying to get
some feed-back why we failed. I see other possibilities for funding,
which I will certainly try.

In the meantime, I would like to speed up the development of the project
by a call for developers. There are several aspects that can be
developed independently. If noone shows up, we may have a working suite
of vector concepts and algorithms only by the end of the year, depending
on my 'free' time.

I also would like to organise a meeting with those who are interested in
a more lively discussion than a mailing list.

Other suggestions to speed up a bit are welcome.

I must admit I am disappointed that there was not a single reaction on
my last e-mail. If the document was too hard to read, please tell me so
that I can improve it.

Best,

Karl