Boost logo

Ublas :

From: Robert Valkenburg (r.valkenburg_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-01-13 16:45:14

Hi,

I am a new ublas user and hope these are not silly questions.

I am using the boost serialization lib to serialise a camera class which
makes use of ublas matrices and vectors. I have written some temporary
place holder ublas serialization code but would prefer to use something
more official/standardised etc.

1) Is there any plan to incorporate facility to serialise ublas matrices
etc in the future and what would the xml output format specification
look like i.e. DTD/schema fragments?

Perhaps this is not appropriate to include in ublas?

Likewise, the boost assignment lib is good for entering small data sets
and writing unit tests etc.

2) Is there any plan to utilise the assignment lib in some way
with ublas to allow (c.f. Blitz) something like

boost::numeric::ublas::matrix<double> camera_matrix(3,3);
camera_matrix = 320.0, 0.0, 320.0,
                   0.0, 320.0, 240.0,
                   0.0, 0.0, 1.0;

Is this easy to do?