Boost logo

Ublas :

From: Ingo Nolden (nuttygraphics_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-06-22 10:30:13

Toon Knapen schrieb:
> yanyaqin wrote:
>
>>1. In ublas::vector, there's 3 constructions:
>>
>>|vector ()| Allocates an uninitialized |vector| that holds zero elements.
>>|vector (size_type size)| Allocates an uninitialized |vector| that holds
>>|size| elements.
>>|vector (const vector &v)|
>>
>>but how can i construct a vector with the default value like std::vector( n, value )
>>

> You can't AFAICT. What you can do is
> ublas::vector< double > v(10) ;
> std::fill( v.begin(), v.end(), value ) ;

I was just looking for a solution to initialize or assign a vector or
matrix with a number of values. This message was the closest to my
question that I found.

blitz has a similar feature, that goes:

Vector<double> z;
z = 0.0, 0.0, 1.0;
Matrix<double> ident;
ident = 1.0, 0.0, 0.0
       , 0.0, 1.0, 0.0
       , 0.0, 0.0, 1.0
       ;

blitz is not really what I want but I liked this kind of initialization.
In uBlas I din't find any way to manually initialize or assign a vector
or matrix.
Am I missing something?
Is nobody else in need for that?

Ingo