Boost logo

Ublas :

From: Michael Stevens (mail_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-07-21 12:14:11

On Thursday 21 July 2005 10:34, Dima Sorkin wrote:
> Hi.
> 1)Do numeric bindings (especially umfpack bindings) work in
> current CVS ? (in release 1.33 ?)

I believe so. I recently compiled and ran the tests for 'blas' bindings and
they were ok. For 1.33 only a minor patch which posted here on the 11th is
required.
Kresimir, is there anything happening on this front? It would be good if
someone who commit to boost-sandbox you work through a few issues.

The other bindings tests look to be in a mess. In particular I looked at
'lapack/test' and it is very broken. The Jamfiles are wrong. The lapack.cpp
test file includes files and namespaces that don't exist.

> 2)What is the meaning of "indirect_array" in storage.hpp ?

It is part of a group of functions and types that allow you to work with
'indirect' proxies. These complement ranges and slices and allow you to
specify a list of indices to be used. 'indirect_array' provides a useful
default type for storing these and also allows you to 'compose' with ranges
and slice to get composite results.

The indirect functions have been in the uBLAS source for quite some time now.
I guess it would be a good time to make a decision to keep and document them
or that they should go.

Michael
Michael Stevens Systems Engineering

34128 Kassel, Germany