Boost logo

Ublas :

From: Neal Becker (ndbecker2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2005-08-18 06:04:27

Gunter Winkler wrote:

> On Wednesday 17 August 2005 23:41, Neal Becker wrote:
>> Here is a revised patch. I think I prefer this method to control
>> initialization (pass an argument to vector constructor)
>

> the line
> data_ (size, std::allocator<T>(), doinit) {
> of the vector contructor look dangerous. It should read
> data_ (size, typename array_type::allocator_type(), doinit) {

Yes, thanks. Actually, though, it looks to me that vector.hpp doesn't
properly support allocators? It seems to only use the std:: default.
Another reason to add my patch.

> Do you know how this boolean argument influences the optimizations done by
> different compilers?

No idea. Do you mean, does it make a difference in performance to use the
compile-time switch (that is, patch #1) compared with the run-time switch
(patch #2) ?