Boost logo

Ublas :

From: David M Garza (David.M.Garza_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-01-30 22:23:10

I'm working with a numerical optimizer designed for large, sparse
problems and written in Fortran. When the the optimizer calls back for
a Jacobian evaluation it passes the array where it expects the Jacobian
values to be placed. Is there a simple way to build a uBLAS sparse
matrix object which simply wraps this array? My first thought is no,
but my second thought is "I could make a custom allocator..." Has
someone already tackled this problem? I expect this array to be big
(10,000-100,000 elements) so I'd like to avoid just copying it.

Thanks,
David