Boost logo

Ublas :

From: Michael Stevens (mail_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-02-04 10:12:25

Hi Pete,

On Thursday, 2. February 2006 22:25, Pete Masterson wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I tried to compile the 2D point morph example from
> http://elonen.iki.fi/code/tpsdemo/2d-morph.cpp and
> http://elonen.iki.fi/code/tpsdemo/ludecomposition.h
> with the latest Boost 1.33.1 but I come across two
> errors.
OK.

> These seem to be related to the use of
> iterators with ublas::matrix_row and
> ublas::matrix_column. As a Boost newbie, the errors
> are not at all intuitive to me, however. I assume that
> the code above was generated for an older version of
> Boost and fails to compile now.

The error never are. Especially so in this case!

Looking at the compiler output I assume you are try to use Microsoft Visual
C++ 8. I have just managed using the "express edition" to test with this
compiler.

I believe both the warnings and the errors are bogus. I have a workaround for
the errors. This is already checked into the Boost CVS HEAD. I will try and
put together a patch for 1_33_1.

You can try the following. At line 706 of matrix_proxy.hpp replace
            const_iterator (const iterator &it):
with
            const_iterator (const typename self_type::iterator &it): // ISSUE
self_type:: stops VC8 using std::iterator here

There are another 11 identical definition elsewher ein uBLAS where the same
workaround applied.

Good luck,
        Michael

--