Boost logo

Ublas :

From: Karl Meerbergen (Karl.Meerbergen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-14 08:18:25

I suppose atlas is a compiled lapack. there are bindings in
boost-sandbox/numeric/bindings/lapack/gesv.hpp

#include <boost/numeric/bindings/traits/ublas_matrix.hpp>
#include <boost/numeric/bindings/traits/ublas_vector2.hpp>
#include <boost/numeric/bindings/lapack/gesv.hpp>

boost::numeric::bindings::lapack::gesv( matrix, rhs ) ;

solves matrix * x = b where rhs stores b on input and receives x on output.

for the factorization only (with singularity check), use:

#include <boost/numeric/bindings/traits/std_vector.hpp>
std::vector<int> pivots( matrix.size1() ) ;
int info = boost::numeric::bindings::lapack::getrfv( matrix, pivots )

Karl

Nico Galoppo wrote:

>Have a look at the ATLAS bindings for ublas. ATLAS provides such factorization
>methods.
>
>http://www.crystalclearsoftware.com/cgi-bin/boost_wiki/wiki.pl?action=browse&id=Linear_Algebra_With_UBLAS&revision=15
>
>HTH,
>
>--nico
>
>John Maddock wrote:
>

>>I gather from a quick web search that ublas does have LUP decomposition
>>routines, however a grep of the docs failed to find any mention of the
>>routine in question, and how they should be used.
>>
>>So.... does anyone have the boiler plate code needed to solve for x given
>>matrix A and vector b ?
>>
>>Many thanks,
>>
>>John Maddock.

Look at our unique training program and