Boost logo

Ublas :

From: Andreas Dolfen (a.dolfen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-04-20 04:00:33

Hi,

I just ported my code from boost 1.30.2 to boost 1.33.1. As far as ublas
is concerned I only changed the calls to the matrix operator[], which I
used for getting access to elements M[x][y], to the operator(x,y).
Now my compiled program is about a factor of 1.35 slower than with boost
1.30.2 in a part where I make extensive use of operator(x,y).
I don't know if this is due to the operator(x,y) or to a general
performance decrease in ublas.
My compiler is the ibm xlc++ compiler V8.0 on AIX 5.2.

I'd like to stay with the boost 1.33.1 for a number of reasons. Does
anyone know what to do to increase performance again?

Many thanks in advance

Andreas