Boost logo

Ublas :

From: Jeffrey Brent McBeth (mcbeth_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-05-19 08:03:40

On Fri, May 19, 2006 at 09:54:09AM +0100, Piotr Stanczyk wrote:
> So, the solve function is only for LU systems? I was hoping that this
> would be done in the solve function and an error would be generated on
> encountering singular matrices.
>
> So I have another question, where in the code should I look for taking a
> SVD approach?

uBlas only does the BLAS bit, to do something like SVD, you need to also use
a LAPACK style system. We use Intel's library with the LAPACK bindings, I
have used ATLAS in the past. There are several other popular solutions, too.

Jeff

Computer Science is as much about computers as astronomy is about telescopes
	-- Edsger Wybe Dijkstra (1930-2002)