Boost logo

Ublas :

From: Michael Stevens (mail_at_[hidden])
Date: 2006-11-30 04:52:45

On Friday, 17. November 2006 23:12, Gunter Winkler wrote:
> Shawn D. Pautz schrieb:
> > Should vector_binary be a model of Vector Expression? If so, it appears
> > that it is missing a typedef for reverse_iterator, which is required by
> > the Vector Expression concept. I'm using Boost 1.33.1.
>
> If the doc states that vector_binary is a model of vector expression and
> it does not meet the requirements then it is a bug and we will fix it
> (and the other reported bugs). Thanks for spotting these.
>
> It seems that no one ever used the reverse iterators.
>
> mfg
> Gunter

Just took a look at this. Throughout 'vector_expression.hpp' we have
following:
        class const_iterator;
        typedef const_iterator iterator;
        const_iterator begin () const;
        const_iterator end () const;

        // Reverse iterator
        typedef reverse_iterator_base<const_iterator> const_reverse_iterator;
        const_reverse_iterator rbegin () const;
        const_reverse_iterator rend () const;

So we have a const_reverse_iterator but no reverse_iterator. I am thinking it
may be better to change 'Vector Expression'. Mutable 'Vector Expression's are
'Vector Container'. So the latter would be the place to require the non const
iterators.

What do you think?

Michael Stevens Systems Engineering

34128 Kassel, Germany