Boost logo

Ublas :

From: James N. Knight (nate_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-12 13:10:53

> Do you really mean BLAS-bindings? Not the lapack bindings? I actually
> thought that ublas was a BLAS-implementation for C++?
>

> Thanks
>
> Best regards,
> Preben Holm

It is. The implementation, however, is not necessarily focused on
efficiency (more on correctness). In my experience if your code only
uses vector operations (level 1 blas) and your vectors are not extremely
large then there isn't much of a performance gain from linking to a
tuned library like atlas or acml. For Level 2/3 blas operations and
matrices larger than say 30x30 using a library that takes the cache and
architecture into account makes a large difference.

James