Boost logo

Ublas :

From: Neal Becker (ndbecker2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-23 06:09:50

Gunter Winkler wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I committed several patches to the boost CVS repository
>
> - unit_vector::find() fix
> - vector_of_vector fix
> - compressed_matrix iterator decrement fix
> - constructor bypass for std::complex<T> and POD types
> - compressed axpy_prod now works with more size_types
>
> I have deferred the serialization patch because I'd like to do some more
> testing and have feedback for the above updates.

Thank you for including the constructor bypass patch. I think we should
include a couple of notes:

1) While those interested in high performance computing will generally want
this change, it will break old code that assumes that a
ublas::vector<Complex> is initialized to all zero (none of us write code
like this, of course).

2) The constructor bypass uses partial specialization. I think we are safe
to assume all supported compilers have this? If not we can add the
appropriate ifdef.