Boost logo

Ublas :

From: Peter Schmitteckert (peter_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-03-28 17:16:54

Dear All,

Karl Meerbergen wrote:

> Could you in the meantime add this code to you local version?
>
> I am also interested in seeing the performance difference between
> std::copy and blas::copy. I think many people on the list would be quite
> interested. Thanks!

Some time ago I checked performence of std:copy and several BLAS-1 operations.
While on most (sabe) machines, there's not much a difference, there
can be large difference for Itanium based machines. I'm not sure for
std:copy, but dscal or ddot is much faster using the MKL version
than compared to a simple for loop, while on other architectures I didn't see
a big difference between vendor BLAS and for loops.

Best regards,
Peter

P.S. I have no idea why my mails to the list wait for moderator approval.
I have no clue. My last mail even dissapeared.