Boost logo

Ublas :

From: Neal Becker (ndbecker2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2007-04-09 08:55:18

Gunter Winkler wrote:

> Am Freitag, 6. April 2007 12:44 schrieb Neal Becker:
>
>> I think the best compromise is simply to add this to vector.hpp:
>>
>> BOOST_UBLAS_INLINE
>> void resize (size_type size, value_type const& init) {
>> data ().resize (size, init);
>> }
>
> I agree that the current policy for initialization/construction in
> resize requires updates. However, adding the above function would only
> help with vector and break the idea of having a common interface of all
> (dense) vectors. So we should first update the concepts (or fix
> a "initialization concept") and then modify all models of that concept
> at once.

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean that this only fixes
vector<unbounded_array> and not other dense vector<storage...> ?

I know, also matrix is not addressed. My intention was to find out if we
have some agreement that this is the preferred approach. If there is some
agreement, I'll try to provide a more complete patch.